This post may contain affiliate links.
Creamy, just a little tangy, and SO easy to make. You can put this cream cheese frosting on anything to make a masterpiece in just minutes!
Chris’s all-time favorite frosting. It’s one of those that you really can’t go wrong with. Put it on your favorite cake and voila! It’ll be a masterpiece 🙂
The beauty about this frosting is how versatile it is. It tastes good on juuuust about anything. Cake, cinnamon rolls, and, well, what do you need besides that?
If you're not usually comfortable deviating from recipes, but WANT to be a recipe connoisseur, try out some variations with this recipe! See the below for a few options, but I'd recommend you do your own experimenting! Taste test every so often- add more powdered sugar, or a little more milk, and see what happens! That's how recipe connoisseur-ship (new word!) starts.
Powdered Sugar: Yum yum yum. If you like more tangy frosting, use only 4-5 cups of powdered sugar. This tangy frosting is perfect for more citrusy cake- try it out!
Milk: If you prefer more loose frosting, add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time until it reaches your desired consistency. This will make it easier to spread!
Storage: Frost immediately after mixing, then follow storage instructions on the recipe.
Try the frosting out on these recipes:
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 pkg cream cheese (8 oz) room temperature
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 0-3 tablespoon milk
- Start making the frosting shortly before you plan to frost the cake or cinnamon rolls.
- Beat together the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla extract until fully combined.
- Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Once the cake is cooled, spread the frosting evenly over it.
Did you make this frosting? I want to know! Post it on social media, tag @battersandblessings, and add #battersandblessings so I can see your creation 🙂